Educ’alpes, Alpine mountain education network, aims to build a network of stakeholders in the French Alps to develop and promote mountain education in all its diversity, with a view to sustainable development.
Since 2004, the network has demonstrated an innovative approach in France and internationally through the topics and areas it covers.
The network facilitates discussion among stakeholders in education and/or mountains, allowing them to share services and develop joint projects defined by and for Alpine stakeholders (joint analysis -> needs assessment -> joint projects).
>> Networking objective :
- To create/develop lasting relationships between various mountain education stakeholders in the French Alps
- To provide a space and resources/techniques to set up joint projects in a spirit of networking
- To ensure that the field of mountain education is structured, represented and promoted (issues, stakeholders, etc.)
in order to...
>> Educational objective:
- Raise awareness of mountains, their natural/cultural heritage and the controlled and sustainable development of mountain regions (tourism, agriculture, town planning, transport, social, hazards, services, etc.) among the Alpine population and visitors
- Encourage the cross-border promotion/sharing of the culture of the Alpine mountain regions through mountain education
But also to...
>> External objective:
- Contribute to know-how exchange/transfer with other French mountain ranges and throughout the Alps
- Help to build strategic thinking at the level of the Alpine countries
OUR MAIN ACTIVITIES:
- Support leaders of individual and joint projects, provide information on mountain education, etc.
- Set up topic-based working groups to develop joint projects based on the needs of Alpine stakeholders
- Facilitate access to Alpine mountain education news
- Draw up a list of and provide access to resources
- Represent the mountain education sector and foreign affairs
- Ensure the development of the network - governance
Educ’alpes provides a range of activities for young people through two initiatives: ‘Sors en montagne’ (developing outings and stays in the mountains for young people) and ‘Jeunes citoyens des Alpes’ (developing youth participation and volunteering). As part of this latter initiative, young people are invited to take part in grassroots projects and join a group of young people interested in the mountains and the Alps: ‘Jeune Alp’titude’ (260 young people brought together on Facebook). Finally, Educ’alpes provides guidance for all young people who wish to carry out personal or professional projects in the Alps.
Link to the ‘jeunes-pour-les-alpes.fr website : click here
The French Alps